Freelance Software Engineer (Solr, Puppet)
Search Engineer (SOLR)
Duration: 12 months
Remote Work: After on-boarding 2-3 days working remotely.
Project Language: English
I am currently working with a German eCommerce company that is experiencing tremendous growth. They already have millions of customers but they have ambitious growth plans and their Search Team will play a pivotal role in the success of the business.
As part of their expansion across Europe they are seeking an experienced Engineer with extensive experience in SOLR for an initial 12 month project.
* Strong hands-on experience in SOLR
* Expertise in SOLR Collection Sharing/replication, fail over, fault tolerance, high availability.
* Expertise in configuring SOLR schema and understanding in advanced schema fields.
* Understanding of internals of SOLR physical and logical layout
* Ideally experience with Java, Scala, Akka.
* Expertise in tuning the of search results.
* In the past, you have already gained experience in the design and administration of systems and infrastructures in the cloud environment (eg AWS, Apache, Solr, NOSQL)
* Expertise in fine tuning SOLR caches and cache warming and segment merging.
* Exposure to the internal implementations of SOLR and understanding of Information Retrieval techniques.
* Good understanding of agile development and continuous integration
* Design and develop search engine monitoring tools
* Ability to write automated unit test cases for solr search engine.
* Studying, researching and resolving difficult issues involving Solr and related technologies
Job Reference: J5900577_1572283398
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: